Product 360: Travelzoo Launches Refreshed iPhone App
Travelzoo, a global travel deals company has launched a totally refreshed iPhone app. Travelzoo calls it as ‘second generation iPhone app’. The previous version of the iPhone app was downloaded by 1.5 million users across the globe. Travelzoo also has an Android app too. Travelzoo says that one-third of their traffic comes from mobile devices.
There are five notable enhancements in the latest version of iPhone app:
1. Home screen features deals for the day with larger photos. These photos really look good.
2. ‘Top 20′ deals of the week is now present in the Home screen too. User can click on “This Weeks Top 20″ to view all 20 deals. This section auto-refreshes every Wednesday and users are notified about new deals through push-notification
3. Local Deals section displays deals that are near to your location. These deals are auto-populated based on user’s location.
4. All travel deals – Airfare, Hotels, Vacations, Cruises, Car Rentals, Last Minute, Entertainment – are put together under ‘Travel Deals’ section.
5. User will have the ability to choose international cities / countries easily.
Dave Ambrose, senior director for mobile and social at Travelzoo said,
“The Travelzoo ethos is simple – we save people time and money by sourcing the best deals in the market. With this approach in mind, we redesigned our iPhone app to bring the Top 20 and Today’s Best Deals to center stage. Since visual appeal is key to an app’s success, we also introduced significantly larger, inspiring photos. The app’s new interface showcases deals within close proximity to the mobile user, enabling consumers to instantly access all nearby deals from spas, restaurants, hotels and shows with just one tap.”
We at Travopia, tested the iPhone app end-to-end. Deals displayed in the website and iPhone app are same. However, we found a minor issue in the app. When you scroll down a page, a single-tap on the top (title bar) of the page should take the user to the top of the page, but it isn’t happening in Travelzoo’s iPhone app.
Last month, Travelzoo crossed 26 million subscribers worldwide. A total of 800,000 fans follow Travelzoo in Facebook and Twitter.