5 Marketing Lessons To Learn From Star Tours New Advertisement Video
Star Tours, UK based travel agency has released a promotional video that showcases various places tourist attractions in Europe. It’s a one minute video clip, but very beautifully executed. Pictures speak louder than words, but videos speak even louder than pictures. With social media in hand, a good video will automatically go viral and spread the word.
There are lot of things that we liked in this 1 minute video clip from Star Tours.
1. Retain: First of all, the music is catchy and stays in mind. Watch the video a couple of times and the tune “Woh oh oh oh” will linger in your mind.
2. Focus: Rather than talking about Star Tours’ various services and their staffs are, they have captured various destination places in video. Show what the traveller wants to see, not what you want to show them.
3. Localize: Notice the change of costumes by the dancers for a 60 second dance. When they show Scotland, the dancers wear the traditional Scottish Kilt. When they show London, authentic Buckingham palace guard dresses are shown. These details gives a local touch to the viewers.
4. Ensure: Use of sub-titles to comprehend the video. This is a tiny thing, but it offers great support to the video. Even if the lyric (which is very important in this context) cannot be understood because of the diction, one would still get it by reading the sub-title. The point is – by all means, ensure your customers get the message you are trying to convey, one medium of communication might not work for all.
5. Confidence: In the entire 60 second video, they say “we take you ….”, ” we serve you like a king …”. They have clubbed the destination marketing and their service marketing in a neat flow. In every frame of the video they say that THEY will make all this happen. This reinforces confidence in mind.
Above points might look evident, obvious, tiny. These details are overlooked in todays marketing world. Kudos to Star Tours for a job well done. Another +1 for not bringing any celebrity to perform in this video.
What else you liked in this video? Let us know in comments.
Star Tours video below:
- Hotel Star Rating: The Varying Degrees of Confusion
- Interview With Rahul Mohandas, Principal – Product Marketing, Sabre Virtual Meetings
- Expedia India Releases Promotional Video – Featuring Rajinikanth And Chuck Norris
- 50% of Online Hotel Bookings In India Are For 3 Star Hotels – Infographic by Goibibo
- History of CRS, GDS – Why They Were Formed – Animation Video