Here & There: Travelocity’s FREE concierge service, Redesigned TRX site, HomeAway’s new app
News from: United Airlines cash award to employees, Gogo’s service in AA’s flights, redesigned TRX website, HomeAway’s new Reservation Manager application, Travelocity’s free concierge service, US travel agents flight bookings, Bedandbreakfast contest and career changes.
- United Airlines awarded $125,000 to employees across the company for excellence in customer service as part of the company’s Outperform Recognition Program. The company held a celebration at George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.
- Gogo, a global leader of in-flight connectivity and a pioneer in wireless in-flight digital entertainment solutions will install two in-flight connectivity solutions on American Airlines’ new Airbus A320 family and Boeing 737 deliveries.
New Services / Offerings:
- TRX, Inc, a global leader in travel data and technology has launched a total of its www.trx.com website.The redesigned site lets businesses quickly find technology solutions that fit their needs. Visitors can easily locate detailed product and service information for their specific business or find solutions that solve specific business challenges. Solutions highlighted on the new website include data intelligence, mid-office, expense, business process outsourcing, consulting, traveler solutions and other travel utilities.
- HomeAway.co.uk launched ReservationManager, a new application that streamlines the booking process for owners and guests with following features:
- ReservationManager: makes it quick and easy to respond to enquiries, generate quotes and rental agreements and accept online payments
- Online Payments: take secure online payments from your guests with low credit card processing fees
- Online Bookings: a real-time ‘Book Now’ functionality
- Owner Dashboard: manage your holiday rentals advert and online bookings in one place
- Improved holidaymaker experience: booking a holiday rental will be more safe and convenient
- Free: and the best thing about all these improvements is that they will come at no extra cost to yourself
- Travelocity announced a new concierge service that’s free of cost to any customer who books a dynamic flight + hotel vacation package. The company claims that they are the first Online Travel Agency to provide this kind of service. Once a customer reserves a package booking, they will receive a special phone number, via email, for the concierge service. To take advantage of the service before, during and/or up to two days after the trip, the customer needs only to call the number. Services offered with the concierge service include:
- Restaurant referrals, reservations
- Theater, music attractions or sporting event tickets
- Golf course tee time referrals, reservations
- Area events and festivals
- Driving directions
- ATM and bank locator
- Salon and spa booking assistance
- Shuttle services
- Weather forecast
- Lost baggage search; stolen luggage replacement
- Lost passport/travel documents assistance
- Translation services
- ARC, the financial settlement link between airlines and travel sellers, reported a 2.93% Y-O-Y increase in 2012 for the consolidated dollar value of airline tickets sold. Total flight ticket sales for 2012 totaled $84.5 billion, compared to $82.1 billion in 2011.
- Kapil Chopra has been appointed as President, The Oberoi Group. Mr. Chopra will be responsible for all The Oberoi and Trident Hotels in India.
- Vail Resorts announced Bruce Sewell as its Board of Directors and member of audit committee of the board. Bruce is Senior VP and general counsel of Apple. In his role at Apple, Bruce oversees all legal matters, including corporate governance, intellectual property, litigation and securities compliance, as well as government affairs.
- JetSuite, leading private jet company in the US has appointed former XOJet Senior VP of Sales, Chuck Stumpf , as its VP of Sales. During his seven-year tenure with XOJet, Stumpf expanded the sales force from regional to a national network and launched the industry’s first program to offer clients a pay-as-you-fly model.
- FleetPride, Inc. has appointed Kevin A. Peters as Chief Executive Officer of FleetPride, effective January 14, 2013. FleetPride is US’ largest retailer of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, and a portfolio company of TPG, the global private investment firm. Peters succeeds Woody McGee , who will remain on the Board of Directors.
- BedandBreakfast.com is in search of the best B&B breakfast in the world with its “Best B&B Breakfast Tournament contest”. Bed and breakfasts are invited to submit their favorite sweet or savory breakfast recipe that could capture the hearts and mouths of BedandBreakast.com’s Facebook fans.
Note: If you are wondering what’s ‘Here & There’ – Read This.