Hospitality India Conclave 2012 – Part 1 – Social Media and Hotel Design
Last week, we attended a hospitality industry event “Hospitality India Conclave 2012” in Mumbai. The event was organized by Confianza in association with Hospitech. It was a day long event attended by 160+ executives from leading hotels. Few titles of the attendees were – Head of IT, Sales Head, Purchase Head, Director, CEO, Marketing Head, Vice President. We will be publishing all discussions happened during the event in series of posts. We will pickup key discussion pointers from the event, do our own research, add pointers and publish posts (starting from this one).
In a panel discussion, there was a very interesting point made by Alan D’Mello, Associate Director, Marketing & Communication, Daman Hospitality. Alan said that design of a hotel is very important, because the most engaging thing in social media is ‘picture’. Photos attract customers the most than anything else in social media. Travelers post hotel pictures in social media and if the design (of hotel) is commendable then the picture goes viral and hence the brand establishment. So, the designer should keep in mind how his design is going to impact the brand in social media.
We completely agree with Alan on the correlation between hotel design and social media. We have noticed this trend in Facebook, the customer engagement is highest when a photo is posted in a company page than a text status message. Also, customers are more prone to share pictures of the unique aspects of the hotel.
To validate our understanding of how important hotel design is, lets look at three random examples.
1. Gondola Ride In Hotel Venetian, Macau: The one thing that comes to mind when anyone mentions “Hotel Venetian” is the Gondola ride on 3rd floor. The picture of Venice like setup speaks for itself.
2. Famous MGM Lion: This needs no explanation. The brand MGM synonymously translates to their famous “lion” statue. There are numerous pictures of lion (of MGM Las Vegas, Macau etc) in social media.
3. Statue In Hotel Trident, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai: The human statues in Trident’s reception attracts lot of shutter-bugs (and sharing in social media too).
Gondola Picture: www.s981.photobucket.com
Lion Picture: www.worldalldetails.com
Statue Picture: www.wayfaring.info
Author: Karthick Prabu
- Hospitality India Conclave – Part 2 – Key Challenges Faced In Hospitality Industry From Business Strategy Perspective
- Hospitality India Conclave – Part 3 – New Trends, Concepts and Innovation In Indian Hospitality
- Hospitality India Conclave – Part 4 – Exceeding Expectations, Catering To Next Generation Guests
- 15 Ways In Which Travel Companies Use Social Media
- Social Media Strategy Masterclass For Travel Companies