Sabre Announces Red Appy Competition, Opportunity To Win USD 10,000 Cash
Sabre has announced a competition (in travel industry) that can fetch you 10,000 USD cash prize. All you have to do is: Think of a kick-ass business idea that will help travel agents and customers in their trip research, plan, purchase, post-travel experience, implement it and submit it. The idea should be implemented / developed using Sabre’s Red App development kit. To know more about Sabre Red App, read THIS.
Important points are:
- You should be Sabre certified developer
- The code should be submitted before May 17th 2012
- The idea that you submit should not be mere improvement on their existing apps
- You can also submit text or audio of your idea submission
Detailed rules – here.
If you are really serious about participating and winning this event, I strongly recommend you to do this:
- Walk-in to a travel agency office (preferably where Sabre Red terminal is used)
- Discuss with few travel agents on the problems they face, what improvements they would like to see in their system.
- Come back home, brainstorm on the inputs received from agents
- Write down your ideas too
- Finally, write down the Top 5 problems that you can solve
- Apply your thought process to those problems, research on internet, knock off the ideas one by one Always keep the monetary benefit (the problem is going to fetch) in mind. Even if the idea optimizes the agency operation, ultimately it all boils down to cost saving
- The problem that stands single is the guy to be fixed. Put your technical hours into it, fix it, submit it, win it
Its fine even if you don’t get featured on the “10 Short-listed Ideas” mail that Sabre is going to send on May 8th. You would have learnt about Sabre Red, the practical problem of a travel agent, the app development and submission life-cycle. It will be a great learning experience.
Note: If you are serious about participating and short of business ideas, let me know. Lets team!